Business Operations and Reporting Analyst
The Operations Business and Reporting Analyst provides support to the Vice President of Operations/Dispatch, assisting in all aspects of report generation and analytics daily operations of Recycle Track Systems, Inc. (together with its controlled affiliates, “RTS”), including assistance in onboarding new customers. This role will coordinate the handling of customer service responses and daily reconciliation.
The workplace will be located in RTS’s primary place of business in Manhattan, New York. This role will be required to work in the field from time to time and to travel to other markets in which RTS operates, including Philadelphia, Washington, D.C., Maryland, Virginia, and Boston. Train or bus travel may be required and normal delivery of RTS paperwork or meetings at client locations is required.
Other duties may be assigned on an as-needed basis.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty below satisfactorily.
- Manage daily route reconciliation process, coordinating with the dispatch, data and technology teams.
- Manage the truck technology reporting and programming within the “Tracker” system.
- Analyze hauler roll-off dump slips and reconcile to hauler schedules and working with billing/finance to ensure proper partner invoicing.
- Review daily reports in order to provide analysis on needs, issues and service delivery quality.
- Distribute and closes-out customer tickets, daily, regarding equipment with direction from the operations team and Director of Operations.
- Coordinate maintenance and distribution of department-related information as needed.
- Communicate with the Vice President of Operations/Dispatch, SVP of Sustainability and the Director of Data Integrity about operations and/or dispatch issues.
- Evaluating data and for trends and producing analysis of those trends
- Operational process improvements.
- When required, collaboration with other departments to successfully achieve the desired outcomes.
- Assist in the implementation of operational projects as needed.
- Backup and support the dispatch and customer service organization
- Resourceful, a problem solver, critical thinker, organized, attention to detail and follow-through.
- A flexible communicator with the sophistication to handle complex customer, partner and internal communications.
- An individual who enjoys solving problems and understands how to assist in growing a business in a dynamic and fast-paced startup-like environment.
Experience & Education
- Bachelor Degree Preferred
- High School Diploma with 5 years operations or logistical experience
- Exert physical effort to handle objects of 20 pounds or more; and
- Be exposed to environments containing dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements (rarely).
- Drive and/or operate equipment as a backup to existing staff (very rarely)
General competencies include:
- At least 3-5 years in customer service, dispatch type roles in a fast-paced operation position strongly preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge of waste, recycling, compost and other waste related issues a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Capable of working with minimal supervision.
- Analytical thinker with strong problem-solving skills.
- Detail oriented and organized with proven experience in simultaneously managing multiple projects.
- Knowledge of waste management and environmental science a plus.
- LEED Certification – desirable
- CDL preferred